Tuesday, February 17, 2009

New Cushions...

Inspired by this book by Vicki (her blog is great)
I found a couple of old old wool blankets at the op-shop for 50c each, all old and felted and made these cushions....


The cream one is a bit wonky but the red one is lovely, (self praise is no recommendation) and I'm thrilled to bits with it. I've decided that I'm going to make the living room look warm for the winter by putting some red bits and bobs around. We never usually change the rooms look with the seasons, but I think it would be fun to try! I love using the felted wool, I would like to do it again.






3 comments:

  1. Your creativity never ceases to amaze me! They look great Deb
    Mumxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb - oh I love op shopping and we would have a ball together "fighting" (nicely - hehehe)over those vintage textiles.
    Love your cushions!!!
    Well done
    Best wishes Cath xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, they are so awesome! I think some orange ones would look lovely with the quilt I stole, on the couch I've not yet paid for...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!