Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Late bloomer...


Quite appropriately, [seeing as I've just had a baby in my old age] I'm working on a quilt called Late bloomer by Camille at Simplify. I saw on someone's blog (I wish I could remember who) a technique where you cut out the circles and sew them with a very thin backing fabric, right sides together, then bag it through. I thought it would be ideal for this quilt so that I have nice circles, but can sit comfy in my chair and sew them on. Unfortunately we can't get that wide rick rack in New Zealand so I won't have that, but hopefully some plain panels will look fine. If it turns out ok then I will give it to some friends of ours that we are going to stay with in June.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Deb,
    have you tried your local Spotlight store, as they stock some pretty wide rick rack, you may need to ask as I have noticed that different stores store it in different places, but certainly we have it in Dunedin, so if you need some e-mail me, and we can organise something I am sure..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to say I've seen the wide rick rack in spotlight - but Shiree above has beat me to it lol.
    That is a lovely quilt pattern, I think that is a great idea about the circles - I remember seeing that somewhere too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!