Saturday, May 2, 2009

Three little boys....

were playing the playstation at our place today. My sister Jo was asking them their names, I was telling her their names, Fin looks up... "I'm the brown one" he says. So cute... so un-pc, but beautiful innocence. Two blond boys and one brown one.

You know, who really cares what colour our skin is? these boys don't. I remember when James (very blond) was four and his best friend was from Ghana - very black skin. I asked James what was different between him and Uche... he thought for a moment, "Uche is bigger" he said! Beautiful.

It's like when we go to Jolt and everybody there has a medical label, but it doesn't matter one whit, because they don't care, they just see each other as equals. I love it so much. I wish we could all be like that.

This week one of my staff members was saying about a Site Safe course he was on and he has to do an assignment on respecting Maori culture in the work place. It actually frustrates me. Why can't we respect everybody regardless of their beliefs. Can't we just value each other for being HUMAN?

We used to sing a chorus in Sunday School when I was a little kid....

Jesus loves the little children,
All the children of the world.
Red and yellow black and white
All are precious in His sight,
Jesus loves the little children of the world.

It really doesn't matter about our appearance, underneath we are all the same!

2 comments:

  1. I like it!
    Actually we changed that chorus becoz your surname was brown so we sung 'red & yellow, brown and white'
    It may not have seemed significant to you then :)
    Mum xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!