Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Quick quilt for Gill...

On Monday we heard that Gill was getting married on Friday. On Tuesday I sewed together the top, on Wednesday I quilted it (quilt in the ditch), this morning I hand-sewed down the binding and off it goes just in time!
It's the second time I've done it this way. The first time I had a jolly pack, at least I think that is what is called but a charm pack has less pieces so I had to use a few extras which I easily cut from the border fabric.

I think it's really effective. I wonder if the Moda Bake shop would like to do it!! Hope springs eternal.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely quilts! I am getting tempted to try quilting, but think its probably outside my skill level!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, Deb! Wow - you are super fast at that!! I'm sure a quilt would take me ages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow! You finished that quickly! That's such an awesome gift. I never would have thought to make a quilt as a wedding gift, but that is something they will definitely use and cherish. Its wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!