Thursday, July 9, 2009

Keeping the Important things Important!

As the working part of my life disintegrates, I really do appreciate the bits that are still normal. When I'm not at work, I try not to think about it and just enjoy the kids. Roo has just discovered Playstation. We've had it for years, but he can do it now and loves it. Yesterday I promised him that I would play Piglet's Big Games after work today. So I did. My goodness it's hard! I'm actually quite useless at it - but who cares, we had fun. Both the big kids are sleeping at friends tonight, so Roo and I just sat and played for a couple of hours. It was great. He was so happy. We also put the little bubba in this...

She thought it was great!

I feel so humbled by the fact that this time last year we thought a baby was a disaster,
and this year it's the thing that keeps us going!

God really does know what He's doing.

Not that I doubted it. Much.

Well maybe for a month or two.... we're human you know!

1 comment:

  1. Deb, I could not agree more about the AR subject! I too had a mishap in the baby dept.! Our last child was a total "where the heck did that come from!" I was so sad and upset! I hate to admit running down to my mom's house with the test all sealed up in a plastic bag, waiting in drive way, until she got home and then crying like a baby when I had to tell her that I was having another baby!

    I was so disappointed. I really did not want to go through all of that again! I had just taken on Boog, our now adopted daughter, 6 months earlier. She was only 10 months old when I found out I was pregnant. I was devastated at the thought that they might take her from me, because we already had enough children to fill our small home. I was just plain sick.

    I found out in May. My mom died in September. I believe that God knew I would need a reason to continue on after her death. Now, you could say that my other children were a reason and they were, but they would not make me eat, or sleep, or anything else to ensure my own health. Only that little seed that I had not intended to plant, could make me realize my need for food, water and sleep. God knew I needed a reason and he gave her to me.

    I feel a strange need to watch over her a little closer, because I don't want anything to happen to the one I spent so much time saying I did not want.

    Any of this sound familiar?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!