Saturday, July 25, 2009

Need more inspiriation for those vintage sheets?

Pop over to Anyone can Quilt and look at this on her design wall...

For years I've collected Enamelware (you know the white stuff with blue edges) and old kitchen utensils. I love to think of the person going and buying it all new and being pleased with it. The same applies to these old sheets. I imagine girls being given them for their "hope chest" or going with hard earned dollars to buy them. They've been washed carefully and looked after, maybe with some lavendar to keep them fresh and they would never have imagined us cutting them up carefully and treasuring the precious fabric. I'm sure these grandmothers and great-grandmothers would be thrilled and happy to know that we love them as much [maybe more] as they did and amazed to see what we can make from them.

4 comments:

  1. That is very nice! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. she does amazing quilts....i cant wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someone left a comment on my site to the effect that NZ is amazing for vintage sheets - and I have seen them around but I really had no idea what I'd do with them because I don't like sleeping on polycotton (which most are) But a lovely quilt like that would be just the ticket!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see how it looks all finished! These other ladies' quilts look great...I love the sweet, soft, vintage feel of the old flowers. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!