Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Not that I'm gloating or anything...

but I just LOVE the Salvation Army shops. Reuben was feeling sick on the way home yesterday and we stopped at Balcutha where we just happened to find another Salvation Army Shop. Now we all know that the best thing for feeling car sick is to wander about a Sally Army Shop and buy lovely vintage sheets!! LOL

I could not believe so many lovely sheets in one place. It was incredible.

Look at them all sitting by the washing machine waiting for a wash!

Happiness is a line full of clean sheets! Actually last month we only had 13 hours sunshine in the whole month so it's amazing to see the sunshine.

I can only blame Home Sweet Hideaway for my love of vintage sheets. She's working on this quilt which I just love.

8 comments:

  1. Oh dear Deb, some of those look like the sheets Mum had when I was living at home!!
    Gosh Annie Rose has sprouted, she is so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, you can probably make a lot of quilts out of that many sheets! Good for you!

    As for the sunshine, are you sure you don't want to move here??? Jeez, the least amount of sunshine we get is about 8 hours a day in the winter! I am unhappy with that, because we get so much more than that during the summer!

    Happy quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh man...you are one lucky girl. Those sheets that are on the line in that last picture are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh 13 hours!! I remember! Thank goodness I'm moving toward the sun!

    What a great find you found! Lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! They look awesome. I love the pink flowery stuff. Can't wait to see what you create with them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am soo envious of that pile of sheets! After my last comment on your blog, I started thinking and realized that I know of another Salvation Army shop that is within easy driving distance, too...I'm going to check it out..maybe even today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe you could find that many great vintage sheets! It seems everyone around here gets to them before I get a chance!

    What are you going to do with them?? Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was given some sheets and pillowcases recently exactly the same as some you have in those pictures. My 5 yr old daughter just loves the flowers on them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!