Saturday, July 18, 2009

A wonderful place to be...

We've had a fantastic time here with our friends at Beersheba in Invercargill. Honestly, Mike and Anne are amazing and we've felt so loved and cared for here.
I'm sure Annie-Rose has put on so much weight because I've had time to just sit and feed her. I feel like I've had a long holiday and I'm so grateful. It was just was I needed. The house is lovely and although LARGE it is so homely. We had a room just off the living areas which was plenty big enough for the three of us. Actually our whole family could live in it!!

Our room had a TV and DVD player and the $9.99 DVD of Alvin and the Chipmonks I picked up the day before we came has been played over and over. Reuben loved having somewhere to treat and unwind when ever he needed to.

Me being me, I finished sewing the binding on this quilt for Mike and Anne once I arrived here, but it goes perfectly with their sofa doesn't it.

I also finished the binding on this one, but that's all the sewing I did. I really have relaxed while I was here. I'm so grateful for good friends and a refuge when I really needed it!

3 comments:

  1. I am glad you got a break from all of the stress! I bet you really did need it! For the record, that quilt is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. getting time to relax is so important...i love that quilt in your last picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you had such a relaxing time, and binding quilts is important! Thats the finishing touch :o) I love how much that quilt went the the lounge suite - it was a perfect match.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!