Monday, August 3, 2009

I love old stuff...

I needed some mindless sewing this afternoon. Annie-Rose has been very grumpy so I didn't have that much time. This came together in bits of time snatched! I do love having my sewing machine on the dining room table, I just have to be diligent to keep it tidy.
I love this. I hope the new owner will too! Look at this fabric here...
A beautiful piece of cotton fabric with Holly Hobbie type figures. ($9NZ at the market) Remember those? When I was a little girl they were all the rage. I loved them. What should I do with this lovely?? I love some suggestions!
Oh and by the way I just haven't got onto my project with the tablecloth, the sheet and the traycloth. It's sitting on the dining room chair waiting. Maybe tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. Is that your vintage sheet quilt? It's awesome! Great work, squeezing in somet time to sew it up.

    As I know nothing about sewing, I'm not sure what to suggest for the other fabric...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your vintage sheet quilt and the Holly Hobbie type fabric, too! They are both awesome! I guess maybe that fabric, I would cut it into some sort of squares/rectangles and piece some other fabric around them to make a nice quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Deb
    Just touched on your amazing blog, wherever do you get the time! I must get a space this weekend and read it thro.
    (I love the Holly Hobby quilt, Jo was called Joanna coz it seemed like a Holly Hobby name to me.)

    Looking for a suggestion as to what to do with that one? I would love Annie-Rose to have it but thought maybe it would greatly comfort someone at a Ronald McDonald House.
    "Wish it was mine" Mother said selfishly :)
    Nope R McD wins in my thinking. If you do that embroider your name on it wont you.
    Mum xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember Holly Hobby. They are still cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!