Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Why my mum made dessert...

I've discovered why mum used to make puddings. It helps to fill up teenagers cheaply and easily!
I often make this crumble. It makes a little bit of fruit go a long way. Here is four apples peeled with 1/2 cup of orange juice. Then the standard topping...
2 cup flour
1 cup bran
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup brown sugar
100 gm butter
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Rub butter into the flour and mix in other ingredients. This will do three puddings. So I make one, and put two containers of the mixture in the freezer for another day. I bake for about 1/2 an hour and 180 deg C. You can pre-cook the fruit, although the apple with a bit of crunch in it is quite nice also.

3 comments:

  1. thanks for the great recipe....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I could eat the topping on this all by itself. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!