Tuesday, September 15, 2009

This and that

this is what you get if your 13 year old brother to choose your new top!
I have a plan for these. I'm very excited about it. I'm starting a new group on Saturday to get some girls sewing at my sister's house. I'm hoping to make a protype for them out of these pillowcases. If you want to make one too, find 9 good pillowcases and follow along. And no, it's not this one, although I want to make that one sometime too, it's a whole lot more simple for beginners. I can buy 2 pillowcases for 50cents (City Mission) or 4 for $1 (Sally Army)

Do you like this trademe purchase. I think it's amazing. I think it will be the foundation of my Quilting bee blocks.

I finally sewed these 16 wonky blocks into a top which I'll give Reuben sometime. I had intended it for James, but he tells me he's too grown up for it.

These pretty blocks are half way to becoming a quilt for my Great-Aunty Amy for Christmas.

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE that shrit!!! : ) And good luck with the new groud - it sounds like fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that shirt is hysterical!!!! i LOVE it and i have to show it to my hubby who is in love with his ipod. and as for all the quilty and sewing fun...i can not wait to see what you are going to be making.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun group. I would love to do something like that. Love the fabrics

    ReplyDelete
  4. My littlest is sitting on my lap, as I look at your post. She keeps repeating, "at baby!" I said that the baby is Annie Rose. She says, "at, Ami Oh!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how my sister's kids have their own language! lol Nice shirt, too! I may just have to check into that whole pillow case business. I'll go up to the resale shop here in town today and see if I can find anything. ;o) I would love to follow along with something, and the fact that is easy for beginners is great! I'll report back with what I find. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!