Thursday, September 24, 2009

Today I made brownies and cried real tears....

Today I made 4 large brownies which will be cut into 150 pieces for the wedding tomorrow. I'm so stoked for Steve that he has found Pip, who is as loving and kind and beautiful as we could have wished, and all our prayers answered.

I put Annie-Rose on the bench and made the brownies and thought what I would say to Sally if I wasn't crying so much!

Sal I miss you so much. I've discovered that some people are irreplaceable in our lives. I have not found another friend like you, there's still an empty place in my heart for you. I'm making Brownies today for Steve and Phillipa's wedding tomorrow and I know you would be glad that Steve has found someone. I'm wearing your earrings today, I haven't forgotten you. Making brownie today is making me cry because I miss you so much. I wish I could show you Annie-Rose, I wish I could show you my outfit for tomorrow, I'm sorry I didn't lose 10kg, but I did get my eyebrows done! I miss sharing life with you, I miss praying with you, I miss your huge personality.

I want you to know that even though I made brownie today, it doesn't mean you've been replaced, it just means that Steve is happy again and the children have someone to arrange their birthday parties just like you would and to choose their clothes just like you would, and to love them. I will remember you always. I keep waiting to make a friend to fill the space that you left when you went, but I realise now that that space is never going to be filled. For the rest of my life Sal, there is a space in my heart that you left behind.

Thanks for being my friend.

To all my special friends... Sharyn, Simona, Liz, Shenleigh and my extended Whanau.... I love you and you are all irreplaceable!

Now go tell someone you love them.....

3 comments:

  1. Hi Deb,
    Thinking of you heaps today, lots of love and prayers.
    Much Luv
    Juliet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Deb, Hoping the wedding is a lovely day. Your friend Sal will be looking down smiling.
    Big loves and always remember how special YOU are too.
    hugs Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you too my dear. So much.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!