Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Guess what I found at the op-shop?

Ta-da....


A genuine vintage quilt, all worn and soft!

Beautifully pieced and tied....

A genuine scrap quilt. I can see pjs, nighties, dresses etc.

Love this spot. Spots are timeless.

It needed a major wash, it was at the most horrible op-shop ever, but after a day in the sunshine, it seems so lovely. I paid $5.00 for it (NZ). Because we don't have a long history of quilt making in New Zealand these gems are very rare indeed. Every now and again I come across a chunky quilt made from squares of all sorts of fabrics. I have to confess I think they are quite nasty as there is always such a mix of fabrics, but they were obviously very practical. Anyway coming across a beautifully pieced quilt was fantastic.

5 comments:

  1. Oh wow! That's just amazing - both the chance of finding something like that for $5 and the quilt itself! Someone put a lot of thought into that quilt, how nice that it's being appreciated again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Olá amiga!
    Seu cantinho é tudo de bom...
    lindo, criativo e alegre...
    Parabéns!
    Espero você em:
    magiadaines.blogspot.com
    Beijinhos carinhosos.
    Itabira - Brasil

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are very lucky...i found two vintage tops this weekend also...i am excited to blog them but have not had the time. this is such pretty colors. a find like this is so exciting

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!