Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Here's our "Halloween" quilt....


all bright and light for a New Zealand spring! No darkness or scary bits. Just right for a good conversation with Reuben. The only scary bits are his cutting on the back...



I think I'm going to make this my first handquilted effort. What do you think? Shall I use sashing???

1 John 1:5: This is the message which we have heard from him and announce to you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. 6 If we say that we have fellowship with him and walk in the darkness, we lie, and don't tell the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ, his Son, cleanses us from all sin.

2 comments:

  1. Love it!!! We don't enjoy scariness either. Thank you for sharing your faith. It is a good time of year to focus on blessings rather than "scary bits"!!!

    Thank you for blessing me!!

    KT

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is such a special way to make him feel better. i love it!!! those stars are so pretty and fun. but yes, that cutting on the back is a little scary! you are very brave. thanks for the verse!Hand quilting is very satisfying. i used to do it exclusively but then i tried machine and now do both. i love the way it looks when you are all done.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!