Friday, October 30, 2009

Julie and Julia...


Last night Chrissy and I went to see Julie and Julia which has just opened here in New Zealand. It's fantastic. We loved it. It combines great food with blogging along with some beautiful sets. (I love Julie's pillows and the pictures behind her bed) I read the book when it first came out and in a way it is what inspired me to start a blog although it took a while to get in the habit of writing more regularly. Blogging has now become part of my life and it's changed it in so many ways. I write a lot now and enjoy it, I notice beauty around me... like this lichen I saw when I was pricing the painting of a house recently.

I'm working on improving my photography skills and enjoying the process. I love the record it is of our family growing and the projects I do. Also I find that writing down my throughts, helps to keep them in order; to sort the good from the not so good. I have learnt so many new skills from other bloggers, I have made many new friends.


Blogging has interwoven itself into my life, like these borer into the timber!! I wonder what I will learn next!

2 comments:

  1. I saw that movie last weekend - it was great, wasn't Meryl Streep a wonderful Julia!!
    Even my hubby enjoyed the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are great pictures...don't you love blogging!?!? i have to see this movie. It has been out for awhile in the US so i think i might have to wait for it to be on DVD.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!