Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Making me smile this week....


On Tuesday I just spent the day pottering about home, feeding the baby (long snuggly feeds that we didn't have to rush through) and doing some tidying! Look at my kitchen bench after everybody else has rushed off to school!!

Sometimes the smallest jobs can make us feel better. Here is my 'teatowel' drawer before and after...

All neat and tidy. It makes me smile everytime I open it. I've been culling our horrible teatowels and gradually replacing them with bright or vintage ones. And I've become my mother!! I now iron my teatowels because a freshly ironed teatowel looks so much more loved hanging on my oven handle and it really only takes seconds to press one when the iron is out anyhow....

I've said it before but I love these touches of colour. Like this...

or this...

or this...


or this...

What is making you smile at your house? do tell, I'd love to hear! Post a picture on your blog so we can all see it.

3 comments:

  1. Well, I often smile when I step back and notice how much I have become like my mother too. Funny!!
    In terms of colour around our place, we are having our bathrooms and kitchen re-done at the moment. Lots of colour potential!! SO many lovely choices to make.
    Andi :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you see my post you'll know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wish i could post today but my computer and pictures are being weird...today our houses are covered with ladybugs....some have even gotten inside...that is making me smile.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!