Sunday, November 8, 2009

How to make the easiest baby sling ever....


  1. Take 1.8 metres of soft rayon fabric in a pretty colour.
  2. Fold in half and make a french seam down the shorter sides.
  3. Sew a piece of bias binding closed and tie tightly around the fabric.
  4. Put over you shoulder, pop the baby in and enjoy a happy baby so close to her mummy!

[Edit: A yard and a metre are much the same, so just under 2 yards would be fine. I actually used the spare bit of fabric and made a scarf for my sister like this. The fabric was 150cm which is about 60 inches wide. Total cost for one baby sling and one scarf? $5 Making it yourself? Priceless!!]

5 comments:

  1. love your new header!!! that is a awesome sling...i bet she loves it! my littlest loved his

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok how do I convert this to American measurements? I have afriend having a baby, and i would like to make her one.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry that was from me. My husband was signed in.
    ~Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lookin' good, Deb! I wish I could jump on over and squeeze that baby's cheeks! She is getting bigger all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the idea. Don't think I will be able to trust my own seams enough to do it, but when I have a baby of my own, you could be getting a special request from me! lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!