Monday, November 30, 2009

Just do it Christmas Decorations!


Because we are going camping on the 27th I really didn't want to spend boxing day putting away Christmas decorations I wanted to make nice easy ones and also to include the children in the process!


James drawing around the cookie cutter stars!

Reuben helping to stick buttons on with the hot glue gun!

Success! very simple but very cute decorations... red and green felt, sewn around the edge with a ribbon hanger and a button for decoration. we have 40 hearts and 40 stars and some bought candy canes, our tree is going to look smart.

I was going to put all the buttons the same, but Reuben wanted to choose and actually I really like all the different buttons. All ready for our tree. I'm waiting for a real one but I have to wait till the petrol stations have them. Why is it the petrol stations that sell Christmas trees??? I wish we could go somewhere and cut one down ourselves like they do in some parts of the world, but I don't know of anywhere here that does that. Nevermind, our home is looking Christmassy enough for now.

12 comments:

  1. Oh No! DON'T BUY ONE FROM A PETROL STATION. This is what happens when you grow up in a cult.

    You can buy them like that down Marshlands Road - you go and pick one and they cut it down for you. IT'S SO FUN. Do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The decorations look great - and yep it's odd that petrol stations seem to be the ones selling the real trees isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the decorations. We need to make some.

    ReplyDelete
  5. look at you go...these are so cute and such a simple, pretty idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The ornaments look great! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice post! Love your blog.And now following it. Please check out my blog here too...

    http://dreamchymecindy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. impressive use of the hot glue gun, I have one and forget to use it. Have to drag it out for christmas decos.
    thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a pretty bunch of ornaments! I came by for the SMS giveaway day, but I have the book already! On page 118, you'll find my project! Anyway, I thought I'd scroll through your blog. Even though I grew up a good portion of my childhood in South Florida, I'm always intrigued that you all have your Christmas holidays in the summer! Nice to find you. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!