Sunday, November 29, 2009

My 'Just-Do-It' Christmas...


It's my mantra for this Christmas. I'm not trying to do things perfect, just doing it! I don't want to stress, I want to have family fun. So the Christmas wall hanging is on the wall. It's so not perfect, but it is DONE and its on the wall.



Merry Christmas everybody. It's time to enjoy the countdown.

Most of the pockets in our advent calendar do have sweets, but they have activities too. Here is my list of Christmas activities... (hopefully my children won't read this!!):
  1. Drink a hot chocolate with marshmallows and read the story of Jesus birth in the Bible.
  2. Visit the library and get out library books to take on holiday.
  3. Make Gingerbread house (I brought a kit - Just Do It)
  4. Make sweets for our teachers and a homemade card to thank them for a good year at School.
  5. Read a Christmas story.
  6. Go for a drive and look at Christmas lights.
  7. Go to a Carol Singing Service.
  8. Take a present to put under the wishing tree in the Catherdral.
  9. Make an anonymous donation to someone who needs it.
  10. Do a random act of Christmas kindness to someone today.
  11. Take some decorations to Nana's house and make it look festive.
  12. Go to Borders and buy someone a book!

What's on your Just-Do-It list today???

5 comments:

  1. Love the activity ideas for the advent calendar. It looks absolutely beautiful too. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the wall hanging! As for the list, I don't have one yet, because it has rained so much that we don't even have the tree up and that means BAD time to start a list, since it would include everything! I will wait! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am still playing catch up from having tons of house guests for thanksgiving. i wish i was sewing something. your advent is amazing and i love the christmas header

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of having an activities list for Christmas! I have never seen that before. I see no flaws in the wall-hanging from my perspective, either. And I'm loving your idea of "Just Do It." It will be another wonderful hand made Christmas for me this year, and I am making myself start now rather than later so its not another disaster from last year where I am still making gifts Christmas Eve and some don't even get gifts because I couldn't finish them in time and I despised it so much when Christmas got here that I refused to pick it back up and finish gifs. ha! No...I'll try to avoid that this year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!