Monday, December 7, 2009

Day 8: Saying thank you!


Our advent calendar is working well, there are not activities every day, but on the days there are we try and get them done. It's a great way of getting all those little christmas jobs spread throughout December. Yesterday was make sweets for the teachers day. Last night the kids made Coconut Ice all by themselves (it's easy no cooking involved!) and this morning we put it into pretty tins and they wrote cards. I think it's nice for the kids to acknowledge the hard work their teachers do all school year... and homemade goodies are always good.

Our recipe is:
1 tin condensed milk
4 cups coconut
4 cups icing sugar

Mix all together and colour half pink. Press into a greased tin and put into the fridge till set.
Warning: It's addictive!

5 comments:

  1. these sound tasty. what a nice way to say thank you

    i could not resist...my word verification was troll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!!
    What a lovely end of year idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm....I need to make that ~ I love coconut but have never seen this recipe, thanks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now what can I teach your kids???? :)

    (Blow! I have lost me in cyberspace again!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!