Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Roses and Cream....


I took a couple of pictures of this quilt before it went away. I just can't help liking the simple lines. I'm really a square girl, hmm maybe in more ways than one. (Mental note: must exercise in 2010)

And inspired by Crazy Mom Quilts (Amanda Jean) I've pieced the back. Normally my pieced backs leave a bit to be desired in the straightness stakes, they end up wonky, but this one has turned out just right. Those pink roses are just so pretty. I like my quilts not to be too matchy matchy, I think that the differences are what makes it, and this quilt is a good example of that. Just like with our families, it's all our differences which give our families character and make a harmonious whole!

4 comments:

  1. You are a quilting Maven! Love your quilts...wish I had the patience :)
    Merriest Christmas to you and yours!xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so pretty....i always find myself drawn to the simple lines of a squares quilt. it is very appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ginny-Rose LOVED her beautiful quilt! Thank you so much for the hard work you put in to have it compleyed by hand!
    Love you

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!