Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Treasure bags and little treasures


On Monday night I made a couple of these from Amanda Soule's book the Homemade Home and gave them to the neighbours. I used shade cloth from the Warehouse ($1.99 metre) and a scrap of cotton for the top and handle. Took 10 minutes, cost $1.00. Immediately both of my neighbours asked for one to post overseas. Every kid needs one and they are very easy to make indeed. Just perfect to put all those beach treasures in and leave the sand at the beach!!

James is sick with some gastro thing. James always seems to get the things that make us not want to be near him. Luckily we have Ginger still, our old cat who just loves someone to snuggle up to!

Of course I couldn't help but notice how nicely Ginger matches James's quilt. This is a quilt made out of David's old shirts. It does make it special to have a quilt filled with memories like that.

Here's my littliest treasure wearing a new dress I made her. To be fair it's a bit on the snug side, but so cute. I got the fabric at the City Mission the other day.

Cute! Come back later today when I put up an amazing giveaway for Sew Mama Sew Giveaway Day! Even if you don't have a blog you can enter this one!!

3 comments:

  1. The little dress may be a bit snug, but it's still super adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am excited to see what you are doing for giveaway day!!! your sweet baby looks amazing in her new dress. love the quilts...sorry that your son is not feeling well. bummer. i love the treasure bags you made. excellent idea...

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.flickr.com/people/iwannabcreative/December 2, 2009 at 5:50 PM

    I stumbled across you blog through Sew Mama Sew! and am so pleased, as now I know where to buy the mesh in NZ for Handmade Home treasure bags! I have marked the page, but then thought it would be too much of a mission to find the materials here. Am going to make them tonight!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!