Friday, January 29, 2010

Things I could do today to put off folding laundry mountain!

I've got plenty of projects I want to do today, like stretch some of Anna Marie Horner's Good folks over these stretching bars (except I can't make the stapler work!!)
I could fold laundry mountain - this is the second mountain this week. My goodness when are the holidays going to end? (next Thursday - hurray) the washing DOES NOT STOP in this house! (Can you see the cat comfortably asleep on the washing - grrr)
I'm feeling a bit brain dead these days, my of-sider at work left on Tuesday and David and I are managing the business ourselves. It's good, but it's a lot of work. I'm glad I'm working on a Granny-a-day, as it is the only thing I have to show at the moment. This is a terrible photo, I'm thinking the kids have dropped the camera a bit too often, it's getting harder to take good photos! But any way the little squares are growing. I have no idea what to do with them. I need to buy some more wool and get some kind of order happening here! Still I guess if I bordered them in black, a lot would be forgiven :) So what I really want to do today is curl up on the sofa and make little squares... so restful!
The boys went to Akaroa last night in the tent. They have really taken to fishing, not that we've had any to eat yet, but they seem to be having a lot of fun trying. It's so nice and peaceful without them.

We have a birthday party to go to for a little girl. I need to make her a present. I might make a doll from the Softies book. That would put off doing laundry mountain for a while!

2 comments:

  1. If I lived closer Id come and fold your washing - its a chore I dont mind doing at all :)

    I like your squares - enjoy making them :) A blanket for the bed is my suggestion :) Im tempted to even say Id buy it off you - except I probably wouldnt be able to afford it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh boy...i can come up with lots of things i could be doing other than what i should be doing. relaxing is just what you need...you are one busy lady. the grannies are really coming along. i can ot wait to see that fabric stretched and ready to hang.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!