Thursday, January 21, 2010

Softie Success


Most of Reuben's friends live in our street. We call it 'street whanau'.Yesterday it was Bede's birthday. I gave him my pile of books and told him to choose (within reason) anything he liked and I'd make it for him. He picked this dear little dog from "More Softies". I used a pair of trousers for his main body and some orange spot for his tummy and ears. I've made softies before but always drawn my own pattern, this is the first time I got the pattern properly enlarged. I'm impressed by how he turned out, the pattern was pretty simple to follow and it turned out perfectly.

Now I wonder what Fin would like??

By the way, my colleague Russell, handed in his notice this week and leaves on Tuesday. It threw me into a tailspin for a couple of days, but I'm getting my head around it. I feel some more plain sewing coming on. I think my 9-patch quilt will benefit!

6 comments:

  1. what a great little softie...he is adorable. that is so great that your sons friends are on your street

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Softie books are great - I haven't sewn anything out of them that hasn't worked beautifully and been just as illustrated. The only thing I don't like is having to enlarge the patterns sometimes, I'm so hopeless at doing that myself I have to pay someone to do it for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I'm impressed by how he turned out"

    so am I!!!

    I dont think I could do that :)

    WTG!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely dog, looks so real, let us know what he gets called!
    (I reply coz I have found me again)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear you are having to wrP your head around so much lately. At least it is spawning some wonderful crafty work. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!