Saturday, January 30, 2010

We interuppt this blog to have a chat about feeding babies!

Yesterday I tidied up the shelves where we keep Annie-Roses' cups. We have purchase every kind of cup that you can buy here, to get Annie-Rose to drink out of.
Every kind of teat on a bottle, (there's another whole bag in her bedroom of the ones that were discarded to start with).
$250 later, finally she likes these ones. Whew! i would still rather be breast-feeding her, and I still feed her once a day at the moment. I'm hoping to increase again when I get rid of the latest nasty crack that has appeared you know where!
[me looking frazzled]
You would think I knew all about this feeding stuff, seeing as I have been feeding babies on and off for 16 years, but no each one of them is a challenge. This is my third tongue-tied baby, so it's not like I haven't done that before either. I don't want to give up yet, it's so nice to snuggle first thing in the morning and feed her, but I think the constant round of cracks (and that one terrifying 'fissure') is getting to me.

Why in the world, does something so natural, have to be so painful??
Normal service will resume here tomorrow!

5 comments:

  1. Oh Deb, I know what you mean! Those cracks that make you want to pee your pants, when they latch on! It is so awful! Do you have lanolin hydrous? It helps. UGH, I can't even think of anything else, because I am cringing so hard just thinking about this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you remind me so much of myself

    I had the same collection about 3 years ago :)

    breast feeding isnt always easy Ive found even if it is natural

    Ive breast feed all my children the 1st for only 6 weeks the other 2 for about a year. If I knew now what I know now I would have persisted with my first much more

    hope you heal soon and enjoy feeding for a bit longer yet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch !! Sending you sympathy. Can the tongue tie be fixed? Hoping it all gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh so sorry that this is painful for you right now. my mitchie was very picky about his cup and nipple choice too! you look great, not frazzled...oh and i picked out some fabric for the stretchers today to at least one...i think it will go in my Avery's room

    ReplyDelete
  5. Important interuption!
    Ouch!! you've probably been there already, but I've had 3 children and can vouch that the best remedy for this is cabbage leaf. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!