Sunday, February 28, 2010

My new favourite quilt...

I can tell this is going to be a favourite, yesterday when I was feeling so ill I snuggled under it.
It's full of the joy of summer and was so simple to make. I think it was about six charm packs... Patty Young, Amy Butler, Paula Prass, Authentic by Sweetwater and maybe one other. Anyway all randomly sewed together, incombinations that should not work, but actually do.
Big, but not too big, after all the kiddies in the house get bigger by the day.
Perfect for what every you want.... hide under...
See? perfect!
Love it, love it, love it!
It's my new favourite.
And as such, it earns itself a place on the "favourite family quilts" rack!

12 comments:

  1. That is a gorgeous quilt! I love how bright it is, my cup of tea. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful! Well done - I dream of making one like that oneday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it too!!
    Great fabric combos.
    Andi :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cute quilt. i have a few charm packs lying around too....

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous quilt - love those intense and vibrant colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm so stealing that back from you!!!! lol (also i think you need new camera!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is gorgeous!!! is that your daughter? she looks like a model!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is fabulous...Lucky family with those wonderful quilts!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your quilt! And, you're right, it looks perfect to snuggle under. I have a quilt that my great aunt made for me and it is the perfect size to be used on the bed, the perfect weight...unfortunately, the fabric is already falling apart in some spots so I can't use it as much as I want.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its my new fav too, and it's not mine!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your quilt. I can see why it would be a favorite. Did you use the charms as 5 inch squares or did you cut them down?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!