Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Quilt-along-Quilt top finally done...

This is the quilt I started months ago with Amanda. I'm so glad I put the border on... it really finishes it off nicely. This quilt is HUGE, really you can't tell the scale of the thing from the pictures....

I'm so glad I perservered. You know how sometimes I learn a Bible verse as I sew a quilt and "sew" it into the quilt. Well the verse for this one is "Don't be weary in doing good, for in due season you will reap if you don't faint". The funny thing is that this quilt has been so hard to get finished, but I kept remembering the verse and now that it's done I love it! and everytime I see the quilt I'll remember that verse. It's off to Shenleigh for quilting, I think it will look great all quilted.

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Is it for a king-size bed? It looks huge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh it looks beautiful. Deb go you for persevering. i still have mine in pieces in my fabric and projects bucket. i love that you try to learn a verse with a quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful quilt...very eye catching and looks huge!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is sooooo beautiful!!! I really want to make a 9 patch one of these days!! Good job, you will love it even more once its back from the quilters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the quilt and love that you memorize scripture and "infuse" it into the quilt. Beautiful idea. One I intend on putting into practice.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!