Sunday, March 7, 2010

Tutorial to turn a high-necked tshirt into a low-necked tshirt...

If there is one thing that Trinny and Suzanna has taught us, its that girls with big bosoms shouldn't wear high necked tops. But sometimes there is a top that you love the pattern on so you buy it none-the-less. Well now you can fix it, thanks to Kate and her dot-to-dot method, I've mastered it and am busily fixing up my t's to make them much more wearable. I did this on Saturday and took some pictures, so here's a quick tutorial....

Exibit A: High necked t in a colour I like with an Owl on (which I love)
Cut the neck ribbing off and put on the t to see where you want it down to. Fold the front on half to find the centre and cut a curve to make the new neckline.
Make some little pleats at the front, and sew them down.
Like that. See? Apply bias binding to the edge, being careful to stretch the bias binding, but not the t shirt or the neckline will sag.
There, fixed. Trust me this looks better than it did. did you notice no before picture?? yes, hmm there's a reason for that.

5 comments:

  1. I like, that looks good, and not too complicated either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are brilliant!!! this looks so great! i always try to get T's that are better fitting for a large bosom and body but never have a lot of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wwwwwooooooowwwwwww this is super coooooool. Most re-cut the neck of the shirt re-dos I see really jack the whole thing up, but this is cuuuuuuute. High five. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cool! Well done you. I had a go at running a row of basting along the hem of the neckline and then gathering them up and binding over them. Same affect but tiny gathers. Need to get back to the flickr thing. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, this is great! Hard to imagine your T with a high neck, that would just be wrong. Question, you are just using regular woven bias tape? Or is there knit bias tape no, that doesn't make sense. 1/4" or 1/2" or does it matter? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!