Monday, March 1, 2010

A very simple necklace...

Materials...
9 x 16mm wooden beads
1 x 2 1/4 inch strip of fabric cut on the bias or bias binding. (I used the centre of an old scarf cut on the diagonal)

Method...
  1. Fold fabric in half right sides together, and sew with a 1/4 inch seam.
  2. Turn right sides out.
  3.  Pop a bead into the fabric tube and push to the centre.
  4. Tie a knot on each side of the bead.
  5. Keep adding beads and tying knots till you have used all the beads.
Enjoy the necklace. I think all the teachers will get these for Christmas. I like used the scarf because it made nice ends. Now you have a reason to buy all those cute scarfs at the Op-Shop!!

8 comments:

  1. Cute idea for teacher pressies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is pretty slick! You are VERY creative, Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool!!!
    you may just have inspired me :)

    I wonder if a home schooling mum/teacher could make one for herself ??? (ME)

    ReplyDelete
  4. very fun accessory!!! great gift idea too

    ReplyDelete
  5. great idea, yours look lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i was thinking of making this as a teething necklace...one that i could wear and the little babe could chew on while i was wearing it....about how long does it turn out to be? Is it really as easy as those instructions make it look?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!