Sunday, April 18, 2010

I would never have done this before I started blogging...

But now that I've spent um, hours looking at other people's blogs, gradually all the beautiful pictures are sinking into my subconsious. The handmade and the unique are far more exciting to me than that horrible cheap plastic rubbish so easily available.
So when I saw these (admittedly poorly made) shelves at my local second-hand store, I just had to stop the care and get them. They are just perfect, the room I was building in my mind is coming together. Here are some of my vintage finds and homemade treasures. (If you want a kitty like this cute one, visit Kirsty here.)
I think it's perfect for the littliest Robertson!

10 comments:

  1. Looks great - and thanks for the mention! The Russian dolls are making me drool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those shelves are amazing, loving the rounded corners, very reminiscent of art deco furniture. Might have to start stalking my local second hand furniture shop to find something similar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's just beautiful. You've done a wonderful job!

    Trudy Callan
    Host for The Artistic Mother's Art Group
    www.artisticcreationswithtrudy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh this looks so great. it has such a special touch

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous room! We have similar shelves (from a garage sale) with all the lumps and bumps they came with - they're much heavier than more modern shelves though so our one sits on the floor

    Im sure your littliest one will love her room

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous!!!! I so love vintage over icky colourful fisher price anyday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the shelves! The room is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this room is perfect...well done!!!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute room, and the shelves are great! I also love the treasures on display...especially the Russian dolls! I too am completely smitten with the old and the quirky.

    BTW, I LOVE the crocheted pillowcases you made (few posts back) I've been coveting the ones on RoseHip for a while now - just lacking the skills. I really need to learn!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!