Sunday, April 11, 2010

My Place and Yours: My Front Door

I haven't finished tidying, the dishes need doing, tea is not started and the laundry needs folding. Therefore I have time to post about my front entrance!! Life begins the minute you walk in my front door...
In fact, so much life, that I didn't take special photos for this, I just looked through my albums...
There's precious things on the right, that always stay the same.
There's a wee nook, that always has something different.
There's a mirror, that Miss 1 has just got tall enough to look in.
When the door is shut, there is a secret space for building things, and also under the table, an antique flour bin that we use for outdoor shoes (crocs).
Summer and winter, this door is nearly always open though. Here it is summer, spot the picnic plates waiting to go away, the papers waiting to go to the office and the swimming togs ready for an outing.
The corners change, depending on what is happening.
Treasures hang.
Adventures are set forth on.
We dust occasionally, we constantly re-arrange.
Yes, the entrance is definitely my favourite part of the house. I have to say here, that we have no front door in this house, only a back door, so it's a very functional part of our home!

Visit here to see more. Don't you just love peeping into someone elses house?

14 comments:

  1. I notice that the loo didn't make the cut...

    ReplyDelete
  2. greta post, great photos ,looks like a lovely family space

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Its like you have a time-lapse camera there. It seems very well lived in, and maybe a welcome sight to many?

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fun little visit. your home looks so inviting

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for letting me visit your lovely home. Love your wallpaper by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I just found your blog the other day and am hooked! I look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your front entrance looks like the perfect multi use platform. I love your wall paper.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Deb - seeing as you were first in this week would you like to pick the theme for next week. Just e-mail me at dani_luigi@me.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like an entrance into a world full of wonderful love, fun, happiness with a smidge of procrastination thrown in - that's working ;)) Fabulous post that made me smile ;))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do you collect pears? The ones I see are very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a perfect place to walk through each day ...

    My Place

    ReplyDelete
  12. That reminds me, I must put some plants by the front door - it looks pretty! Love your pear collection. Wendy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Way groovy wallpaper and I love your niche. I've loved visiting your house xxNick

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great space Deb. I love that it's a process in constant motion! Definitely wouldn't get stale. and you have such interesting things to sqizz at! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!