Friday, April 9, 2010

While we were away...

Our beloved cat just quietly up and left.
He didn't say good bye.
There were no tearful farewells.
He just quietly slipped away, we don't know where,
but we know he's taken himself away and won't come back.
I miss him.
He was such a sweet cat.
He slept on my bed most nights.

Thanks Ginger for making goodbye easier for me.
You've had a whole year more than we thought.

But I'm glad I don't have to take you on that trip to the vet.

Rest in Peace Sweetest of Ginger Cats.

9 comments:

  1. Oh how sad. It's just an awful thing to lose a beloved pet but comforting when they just slip away peacefully in their home surrounded by familiar things. Will be thinking of you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww so sad :(

    He is identical to my cat (that my mother babysits!)

    I'm glad you got to spend more time with him that you expected although it doesn't make it any easier when they pass

    Thinking of you all

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that's sad but a nice way to go and hopefully he wasn't suffering too much. Having them put down is just not pleasant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very sorry, it is so hard when pets pass away :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. But at least you got to spend more time with him than you had expected. Thinking of you all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sad - did he die or just not come home? Sometime males if not neutered can go away for a week or so if a neighboring cat is in heat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh bless him.
    I'm sure he had a very happy life with you.

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!