Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Blogger's Quilt Festival....

Often I find my favourite quilt, is the one I'm working on right now, and it's true for this one...

I've been working on this quilt for a while, but it's nearly finished. It's from the first Material Obsession book. It reminds me of buckets of flowers at a florist, so this morning when I when to get some flowers from Aromaunga, I asked the lovely ladies if they would let me take a picture!
Can you see how the colours of the flowers are echoed in the fabric...
I think the more I quilt, the more simple they get. It's about the colour and the contrast.
I think the fabrics are so beautiful they speak for themselves!

Even the binding is beautiful! Thanks to Amy for the opportunity to showcase a quilt that I really really love.
Do visit some more quilts here from May 21st...