Friday, May 7, 2010

Cutting charm squares...

Some weeks you make quilts and some weeks you just cut charm squares and think about the stories woven into these old sheets! I have quite a collection of sheets now and thought I'd cut some charm squares and make some quilts with them. I read a saying once...
when life hands you scraps
make quilts...
The colder weather brings on some new stresses in our house, trying to keep all our staff busy and gainfully employed and try and make a profit at the same time. Although the economic data from New Zealand is improving, trust me, it's still tough out here in the market place!

I'm reading Psalm 37 mosts days and hold tight to verses like this...
18 Day by day the Lord takes care of the innocent,
and they will receive an inheritance that lasts forever.
19 They will not be disgraced in hard times;
even in famine they will have more than enough.

4 comments:

  1. Oh what a stunning and charming quilt those little squares will make. So excited to see it happen. Stay warm. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a great saying... I'll be borrowing that. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous saying. Love those charms - especially the bottom left corner! Oooh I would love some of that... My mum had some vintage sheets. Perhaps I ought to ask her is she would be willing to retire them!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!