Sunday, May 2, 2010

My Autumn Roses Quilt

It's hard to get good photos now, the sun goes so quickly! Anyway my Autumn Roses quilt is finished. I hand quilted it (which I'm very pleased with) and bound it.
I made it from the Russian Doll quilt in Jane Brocket's new book, but I decided mine reminded me of the late autumn flowers we have bravely flowering at the moment...
You know the ones, bright, blowsey and a bit ragged around the edges... just like my quilt!
I'm so pleased with it, I think I might have to make a summer roses version with some Nicey Jane (??) you know that fabric with the big roses on a creamy background.

5 comments:

  1. I love your quilt and your roses - mine are still valliantly flowering too

    ReplyDelete
  2. you amaze me!! this is fantastic, and you hand quilted it so fast!!! this would be amazing in nicey jane fabric. The quilts are just pouring out at your house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt is beautiful, Deb! What an heirloom for your kids! There's a mom of one of the girls Ashley plays soccer with that writes quilting books and designs/sells quilt patterns. She also blogs, but isn't posting now b/c she's writing a book. Her website is www.bluemoonriver.com. Her name is Susan Knapp. Hope you and the kiddos/family are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Deb-
    Beautiful quilt! Nice pincushion shot, too ;-) I am as always astounded at how prolific you are with your quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quilt! I love that you hand quilted it. I've been thinking I need some Nicey Jane - there's just something about those roses! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!