Friday, May 7, 2010

Tutorial to use those old magnets on your fridge...

When I cleaned off my fridge recently, I had a stack of freebee magnets that I was wondering how to recycle. I also took off all the handwritten phone numbers and intented to type them up. Put the two together and hey presto...
Here's how you do it...
  1. Type your phone list (or poem or memory verse or whatever) on the computer and print out. I just used normal computer paper. I figured I have a stack of these magnets, so I can make a new one anytime.
  2. Fold a scrap of fabric in half and lay the magnet on top, you could use two similar ones if you don't have one big enough. Cut the fabric just over 1/4 inch bigger then the magnet on three sides, the fold can be one side.
  3. Open up the fabric and sew the list on.
  4. Fold the fabric right sides together and sew the two sides.
  5. Turn right sides and slip the magnet in.
  6. Turn under the raw edge on the top and hand sew down.
  7. Stick on to your fridge!
I wish I'd thought of this before mother's day, I could have embroidered some wee sayings and made fridge magnets!

4 comments:

  1. very good idea! Also, I love your kitchen wallpaper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too, on wallpaper!!!! good magnet idea too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so cute. What a good way to use those old magnets

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!