Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Process Pledge...


Recently I read this post by Amanda and also the links she put on. I didn't agree with all of what was said on the links, but I do agree that it's good to share the process. Even the simplest quilt comes together from an idea. I wonder if the way quilts magically appear on our blogs, does make it seem impossible to the casual reader. It's hard to document the hours spent lying away in bed thinking about colour combinations, lol, but still I'm going to share my process a lot more from now on!

3 comments:

  1. Funny what you said about the process...I am just a beginner to quilting, but sometimes I dream about how my next tote bag will look! This is my first visit to your blog...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's a great idea that should apply to most craft blogging and not just quilts! I loved how Viv over at Highway Cottage laid out the time it took her to do a quilt, and your design process just adds to the more realistic impression of quilting. I'm still in awe of you guys but you do seem a bit more human now! :) I had a quick click through the links as well and I'd be interested to know what you didn't agree with. Some of the posts left me with a bit of a sour taste in my mouth to be honest, they were very snobbish and full of themselves, nasty little slights against other quilters and bloggers is just not a good look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am excited to see your process...i have seen this going around blogland.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!