Wednesday, June 2, 2010

This quilt has captured the essense of summer for the long winter days...


I was inspired to make this quilt by Catherine (who was inspired by Film in the Fridge) and also by a trip that I made to Mt Hutt to look at a project I was supervising that I took on a sunny day with the girls. It seems all the world was aqua and orange at that point in the summer and I immediately thought I would make one of these quilts.
 I love the way the colours glow
 especially against the winter garden



 It's not perfect, at all, especially the hand quilting, but it is warm and cosy.
It has wool batting (must remember not to put it in the dryer and shrink it like I did to Annie-Rose's this week.

 The backing is from the good folks range by AMH.

 Chrissy has claimed this one!

9 comments:

  1. this is gorgeous...i love how the colors are so bright and beautiful. i am not surprised that Chrissy claimed it. i would!! i love the size of the blocks you used. seems less daunting than some of the really small ones i have seen in blogland. and the back is heavenly!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I have seen a quilt of yours that I didn't love! You have a real knack - I envy you :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. The colors are beautiful. I love winter. Here we are ready for the summer. I don't like hot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! How do you find time to do it all? I feel like such a slacker!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic quilt Deb. Can't believe how fast you can churn them out, and they are all lovely.

    I've been using wool blankets as batting for quilts, if you put them through a hot wash and then the dryer before use they can't shrink anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I love the colors in this and how they all blend together so happily. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks fabulous Deb and the backdrop of the community garden is the perfect place to photograph it. Well done you and lucky Chrissy.
    hugs Deb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love love love this! So bright colourful and floral plus it has extra love with your handquilting. You've used some grogeous fabrics too! Can't blame Chrissy for claiming this one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is beautiful, and I adore the colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!