Monday, June 14, 2010

What I'm working on...

Spurred on by Vanessa, I thought I'd start this quilt, I have two other quilts on the go, but they are such big projects, I thought a simple one would be cool. I saw the tutorial on the Cluck Cluck Sew blog and LOVED it. I just happened to have a stack of 8" square vintage sheets and another of 5" squares to this is my modified version in process!
It made the process so much quicker because I already had some precut sheets.

I found a saucer that fitted onto a charm square
and cut a template from an Icecream Container lid

Cutting circles was actually very relaxing!

I didn't pin just sewed them on.
I decided to use navy thread to add some contrast.

Now I get to play with the layout.
oh and cut about 40 more circles.
Luckily Grey's Anatomy is on tonight!
Pop over here to see what others are working on.

4 comments:

  1. oh you are killing me!!! this is gorgeous. i absolutely love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks lovely! I'm looking forward to strating my first vintage sheet quilt soon, and I've bookmarked this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is going to be one gorgeous quilt!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!