Thursday, July 1, 2010

And the winner is...

Shruti who said... "I'm so sure that I won't be winning this one, I just had to tell you that the quilt is beautiful..." How funny is that? she did win it... I'm glad! I have to post it to India. Here's what Shruti's profile says....


Hello all, Thank you for dropping by. My name is Shruti and I live in Sangli, India with my 3 year old son Aadi & my husband Rohit. I am an Architect by profession. I recently started a new venture - Shruti's - the 'up'cycle shop - where I employ women from the slums of the city to sew various household items. This also gave me an opportunity to try my hand at quilting - which i had been fascinated by, for quite some time. Trying to quilt in an area where people do not even know what Quilting means has put up a lot of challenges before me. Procuring something as simple as a batting is an ordeal for me. But I manage. Most of the times by using locally available substitutes. My quilts do not have that professional look - not yet - but I'm happy with my efforts.
 
When I read that I was so happy that Random Org picked out Shruti's number, I think she will LOVE this quilt and isn't that what we want of our quilts!
 
A big big thank you to all who entered,
I wished I could have had more to giveaway.

Also to Allison, lucky number 300 follower,
contact me and I'll send you a little something too!

Whew I'm off for a cuppa tea now!

16 comments:

  1. Shruti is a very lucky lady - I'm sure this will be treasured for years to come. c

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb Thank You for your wonderful giveaway. Sounds like it's going to a wonderful person, Congratulations, Shruti!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Thank you so much Deb, I still cannot believe I won it... It surely will be one of my most prized possessions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for your generosity and for your well deserving winner. Have a great weekend. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. well done! sounds like the perfect person won :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww I'm so glad Shruti won - I came across her blog not that long ago and she's lovely. I'm sure she will treasure this quilt

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Shruti - how fabulous the beautiful quilt is going to be so loved.

    ReplyDelete
  8. shruti...yeehaaaaaaa...well done girl...so...miss deb...when you doing your next one...lol....only joking...love your blog girl......hope you're warm tonight...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is awesome I'm stoked she won. I did feel as I have you as a face to face friend it would feel a bit like cheating if I won. I get to share in lots of your loveliness all the time. I love the fact that your vintage sheet quilt is going to an up-cycler in India that rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. congratulations to Shruti...she is very lucky

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's wonderful! Sounds like it's going to a good home where it will be well loved!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shruyi's win is definitely well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations to the winner! So pleased this lovely quilt is going to a great new home.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my...Everything happens for a reason. Doesn't this post just leave you feeling reminiscent of that fact? That is so wonderful, and it feels so guided. What are the odds that she would be the winner just as she was working so hard to give something back to her community, something that has so much to do with quilting? This is completely moving. I love how our craft brings us all together.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!