Sunday, August 29, 2010

a Present a Week {till Christmas} week 8

I can't believe it's week eight already
it's 17 weeks till Christmas, so we are doing well.
Thanks so much to everyone who has dropped by
and also you faithful folk who are making stuff.
I'm terribly behind with posting fabric because
Annie-Rose was SO sick last week
but I will catch up this week.
I made these recipe post cards on Vistaprint this week and ordered 100 free ones for the cost of the postage. I love Vistaprint, it seems to be in most countries and their service is amazing. I'm going to put one with these aprons which I actually made last year, a cookie cutter and a packet of Gingerbread nearer Christmas.
I'm feeling very smug about this one, I think it's an awesome idea. I'll just have to keep a record of who I give them too, because they are going to last a while!!
The winner of the fabric this week is Holly with these gorgeous hedgehogs. Holly and Annabel, you girls are doing great. We will be so happy by Christmas when our presents are all done! Seeing as there are not that many takers, can you please link in the comments this week. Can't wait to see what you come up with. I think I'm going to try and knock of the bunting and the pencil rolls!

10 comments:

  1. I think the recipe card with an apron and gingerbread is a GREAT idea!!!
    I keep meaning to start my christmas sewing a join in but it hasnt happened yet! maybe next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely finishing touch, the apron, the gibgerbread and the recipe! I loved Holly's hedgehogs last week too. Here's my entry for this week, I've put it on a separate blog because it's for Mister Bell!: http://quarterinchfeet.blogspot.com/2010/08/present-week-till-christmas-laptop.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your little hedgies! I had forgotten all about that pattern...and I have purchased it! Maybe I will be making some hedgies today :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. these hedgehogs are too cute...i am loving this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the idea of giving an apron with recipes, and since I plan on giving my husband's new cookbook as a gift this year, I can't believe I hadn't thought of that yet! Thanks again so much for offering this challenge, it really has kept me focused!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How do I go about linking up? I went to do it this week but had issues with my computer (lets just say it was a case of absent-mindedness, one of those duhhhh moments!) I love the adorable hedge hogs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the idea of the recipe card! I'm so slack - I haven't made anything for a few weeks because I've been working on swaps instead

    ReplyDelete
  8. The recipe cards are super cute! I made my list and started on it this week. I just posted it up, I realize it is Monday here, so Tuesday there, and neither of those is Sunday :) Do I link up here?

    http://narniamum.blogspot.com/2010/08/present-week-until-christmas.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am finished early this week! I made a photo book with vacation pictures for some friends:
    http://handmadehollydays.wordpress.com/2010/09/01/week-8/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here's my entry - I'm late linking it up, so hopefully it still works...

    http://mamasmiles.com/?p=1631

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!