Monday, September 20, 2010

Earthquake Quilts

I'm so stoked with all of your generosity with this project and lots of blocks have been promised. Thank you so much. I had a look through Flickr to find some ideas for how I hope the quilts will look! I have in my mind simple blocks in red or blue (or both) with white sashing. I've put together a mosaic of some of the ones I found....
1. Owl Quilt Block 4, 2. Quilt block designs, 3. Star quilt block quilt progress...., 4. quilt along block #2 / snowflake quilt, 5. blue quilt, 6. Blue and Red Log Cabin Quilt, 7. Indigo's Red, pink and blue quilt, 8. Red and White Quilt 131/365, 9. quilts of valor x 5, 10. red + white, 11. Quilt Around The World - round 2 starter block, 12. And Another -- Quilt Block #2

I think simple blocks like log cabins or wonky stars would be fantastic. I would love to get these quilts under way, so if they could be posted by the 15 October, I will get them by the end of October (thanks New Zealand Post) and can get them down during November.

Please can you post them to:
Earthquake Quilts
Deb Robertson
P O Box 30116
St Martins
Christchurch 8246
New Zealand

Thank you so so much. It's going to be awesome to make a difference to some families who are going through so much and will be for time to come. More blocks would be awesome, so if you are able to spread the word, I'd really apppreciate it.

11 comments:

  1. I've never made a log cabin or a star, I'm looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im hoping to get a couple done today...wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is amazing inspiration...it is so good to know what you had in mind...i hope to pull some fabrics and make a few for you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Deb, I've found you via Kate at Fox's Lane. I think this is a great idea and I would love to contribute. I've heard that it helped those affected by the bushfires here to get such quilts and I am sure this will be the same. I will send a couple to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello!
    i love what your doing and think its such a great idea! i live in Christchurch, NZ, which is pretty much where the quake struck!
    i know everyone here will very much appreciate your efforts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sent 2 your way today. If you'd like a sneak peak I've posted a pic of them on my blog: mas-designs.blogspot.com/2010/10/christchurch-earthquake-quilts.html. I think it's a wonderful thing you're doing and can't wait to see the finished quilts. Best of luck, Mary-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good evening

    Awesome blog, great write up, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh is it too late to start making blocks to the earthquake quilts. It is suchs a lovely thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh is it too late to start making blocks to the earthquake quilts. It is suchs a lovely thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How are you DOING? Saw the news this morning and our hearts go out to you. What do you need?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi
    My name is Sue Idol. I am the owner of Quilting Stars yahoo group. My members want to know if you will take any colors? I have and many of them have blocks from swaps that have not been put together. We would be happy to send them on if you would be able to use them. Such a terrible thing to happen. We want to help if we can.
    Wonderful what you are doing.
    Peace to you all
    Sue Idol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!