Monday, September 13, 2010

Gathering up the pieces...

I had three children at school today. It felt a bit funny dropping them off (the teenagers are at a temporary site) but they were happy to see their friends. I thought I would get lots done today, but really just pottered about not getting much done! This pile of lovelies (they are all bird fabrics) are going to be turned into 3-4 quilts in the next few weeks I hope for Sharyn, Simona and Odette (and maybe James with the scraps!).
This pile of thrifted loveliness is going to be a blanket a la Dottie Angel (without the tedious hours crotcheting squares!) I think I might dye the doillies though, because that is such fun. I wonder if I can use some natural dyes. I remember making a lovely yellow with onion skins when I was a kid. Must goggle it!
I need to make Miss Annie some summer clothes, so I'm going to do the Kids clothing Challenge. Must find some patterns, have plenty of fabric.
I have plans for these beauties too, ahem... but knitting calls. Only a few aftershocks today, it feels a bit more normal!

4 comments:

  1. birdie quilts are going to be so pretty!!! i can not wait to see your blanket. you are so creative and productive that i am sure all of it is going to be amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love birdies, they will be eautiful quilts! It's good to hear the aftershocks are settling down and things are slowly returning to normal.

    BTW speaking of birdies, I made one with your AMH fabric, I'll post it this week and send you a link- it's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. deb, i have a few wee goodies for you that'll go nicely for the child sewing challenge...thinking of you all in these stressful post earthquake times and hope the sunshine reaches you...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!