Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Kids Clothes Week Challenge: Monday-Wednesday Edition

Kid's Clothes Week Challenge this week, the northern hemisphere are making autumn clothes and those of us in the southern hemisphere are making summer clothes. I have been busy sewing, and Annie-Rose is getting a new summer wardrobe. Here's what I've achieved so far....
My first shirring elastic project. I don't think I've got it quite right, I feel like the elastic is not very stretchy, I'll have to goggle a good tutorial, I'm sure I've seen some somewhere. Annie is so pleased with her new clothes.
Here she is modelling the shirring dress and some cute bloomers. Yes I know they are big, but it's still spring and she will be growing I'm sure. I brought the fabric for the top and one other (I'll make something tomorrow from it) but most of it is from my stash.

I've made 9 pairs of pants so far. Four for Archie and Max and five for Annie-Rose. I designed them myself and I'm so pleased with them, they fit great.


Here she is modelling one of the t shirts that Chrissy screen-printed for her. So cute! By the way we still have some of these for sale if anyone is interested.
This japanese print has made a really cute dress and also I made the pants from some thifted nylonie stuff. They are quite wide-leg, but I do like them.

Oh I am having fun making clothes for my baby girl. I've spent about $20 so far and made 9 pairs of pant and two dresses. Going well!

6 comments:

  1. She is adorable, and your outfits are great too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really are going for it. Good for you. Beautiful shots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also doing the challenge! your clothes look great; it's amazing how far $20 go :) Saw a shirring tut here, her tutorials are very good: http://grosgrainfabulous.blogspot.com/2010/08/technique-tuesdays-shirring.html
    Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, that's amazing!! I'm inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow these are adorable and you are making them in such huge amounts....she looks adorable in them. i am a sucker for stripes...so i just love the stripey orange pants!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many beautiful things... your children are very fortunate.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!