Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Love finding a Work in Progress..

I saw this listing on trademe:
wonderful 50's fabrics in this top to finish , needs batting border and binding, no fabrics, double size
$10 and it was mine! I missed the words "double size" it's enormous and filled with treasures of fabrics. I'd love to know the story behind it.
Love this Madeline fabric

and these wee flowers.

There's lots of fabrics from different countries
so I wonder if the maker had travelled.

It's all zig zagged together.
I'm going to get Shenleigh to quilt it
because it will really give it a new lease on life.
Then it can begin to tell it's stories!

12 comments:

  1. what a steal! i know you are so happy to have this treasure.:) lora

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool find, all those different fabrics and odd blocks here and there!! Lucky you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely find, wonder why they never finished it? Can't wait to see it all quilted up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like quite a bargain...love the fabrics from different countries!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello,Lovely to see the quilt top being loved and going to be finished. I found it languishing in a Vinneys shop here in Timaru.No more details I can provide. Keep in touch, would love to see it finished.
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  6. $10 is one heck of a deal, Deb! Yay for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a treasure. I love old things with stories.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is so amazing! i love the fabrics and now you having it quilted is the perfect way to allow it to live a long happy life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd be tempted to give it a color-bath of some kind in order to bring the colors together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome. You will fully realise the potential of all these lovely fabrics. I had no idea this kind of thing was on TM. I feel good the wool on entry has also hijakced your crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, what an amazing treasure! It's definitely fallen into the right hands.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!