Saturday, September 18, 2010

a Present a Week {till Christmas} Week 11...

Well here we are again, another week rolls by. I don't mean to panic anybody, but I read somewhere that it's 100 days till Christmas... hurray. Christmas to me means summer holidays, going to the beach, bush walks, bbqs and picnics, long summer evenings!
I made 5 pencil rolls yesterday. One I gave away to one of our wee friends, but the others are being stashed away for Christmas. I find pencil rolls so useful, Reuben nearly always takes drawings to do when we go out and a pencil roll helps to keep all the pencils together. They are very simple to make, I used to bind mine like mini quilts but now I bag them through and top stitch them which I think looks nicer.
I really love this yellow and green fabric together. The green spot is from Spotlight (for any Australisian readers) and I must get some more because it is just so soft and pretty.

Now do you want to play along? Make a present this week to put in your Christmas present box and link your blog post with it in in the comments below. I'll draw a name and give away 1/2 metre/yard of fabric and some pretty bunting this week because I had a couple of shaky weeks!

11 comments:

  1. These are lovely!

    Sadly I didn't get any gift crafting done this week...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great Idea, I'll see how I go with being that organised, Oh I want to I really do !

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous, I love pencil rolls. Im going to try to finish a christmas gift to post today and finally join in!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are so cute!! i love the outer fabric...what is that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely rolls, and I think I can see a giraffe on that fabric there! Thanks for the tip about the green spot- a simple, pleasing green is always useful when sewing for the Bug.

    Here's my entry for this week: http://bellgirl.com.au/2010/09/present-week-till-christmas-photo.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey I forgot to write and say THANK YOU! Love the vintage baby swap, so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Deb, I just read your last post and I'd love to help but I don't do patchwork. I tried two days ago and ended up sewing it into a dress. So, is there any way that dress could be used to help? Is there an auction/raffle/5-6 year old girl who would like it.
    Let me know what you think and I can post it off tomorrow.
    Hugs to you lovely girl. I hope you are having a happy weekend. X

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm really enjoying seeing all the gifts you have made for Christmas. I wish I could still play along. But for me the gift making has ended. Thanks you for the push and the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here is what I did last week . . . not much I am afraid, but at least something to check off the list!

    http://narniamum.blogspot.com/2010/09/present-week-til-christmas.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here's my project for this week: three ornaments!
    http://handmadehollydays.wordpress.com/2010/09/23/week-11/

    I also made you a quilt block, and it's on its way from New Hampshire!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i loved this giraffe fabric so much that once you sent me the name and designer i went and ordered myself a yard. now i am thrilled to have it...but what will i do with it? that is the question. i think for a little while i will just look at it, hold it and enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!