Thursday, September 30, 2010

Yummy Yellowness...

The wonky star quilt I started, oh maybe this time last year! all finished at last...
 I hand quilted around all the stars and I love how it turned out.
 Am really enjoying dyeing the doillies. How about this orange colour?? I'm sewing them onto pillowcases. Maybe I should do a crocheted edge too.
 I made two of these from the Made blog. They are super easy and so much fun to look out.
The novelty of our own fresh eggs hasn't gone away yet. It still amazes me! What a miracle, one of my girls even came into the living room and laid an egg in the corner! So cute.

12 comments:

  1. Deb I totally love the star quilt! You are a legend!!, I love your work!!! You inspire my thoughts.....(sorry thats as far as I get at the moment) Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have BIG LOVE for those doilies sweets! Annnnnnnnnnnd guess what I might be starting tomorrow... could it be a quilt...? Could it....?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb, how pretty that star quilt is! And what fun, dyeing doilies! I need to try that! AND I want to thank you for steering me (I know it was just by chance) to Shelley and Paula at Sweet William! Love their work! I'm just going to have to make a purchase soon! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deb, I love all the warmth that your yellows bring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Deb loving the sunny colours, its rain rain rain here today, so that cheered me somewhat!
    Clare

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are really fall colors. Beautiful quilt. (I have a giveaway on my blog)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love that your chickens come into your house!!! you are so cool. this yellow is so sunny and fun, something you are getting more of and we are getting less of now. i love a wonky star

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the quilt...love the doilies....such a hapy colour!!!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the quilt! The colors are just yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the star quilt but those orange doilies are LOVELY!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous sunny quilt! Do you know of a tutorial for the wonky stars block? I've sorted through my stash for reds and blues, and thought I'd make one of these for the earthquake quilts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!