Sunday, October 10, 2010

Alexandra Adventure: Part 2 (Warning contains images of thrifted treasures!)

I love Ranfurly! Oh my, quite possibly the cutiest down in New Zealand. Complete with original features...
 As I mentioned Miriam and I decided to stop at every opshop we could find. This dinner set ($10) almost complete from the Sally Army Ashburton...
 I got doillies, and birds and a cake tin. This unsual blue doilly will end up on a cushion I think, possibily a red spotted one!

 Such prettiness, so much detail. I love giving a new home to someone else's treasures.
 This is definitely my new favourite pyrex dish. The colour, it's intense, no photo tweaking needed! and bonus, it had a lid.
 This enamel dish, so vibrant, $2, hurray!
and more Pyrex. I find little pyrex dishes so useful, especially for poping extra dinners in for nana, or making a vegetarian dish for the two vegetarians in my house. I think i may have a few more pictures I'll save for another day. Needless to say, this was a very successful opshopping trip! I loved going with Miriam. She is a fantastic talker and I was well entertained all the way there and back! It was great, I can't wait to do it again next year.

By the way, I did promise a softie tutorial, but I'm having technical difficulties! It will happen this week.

8 comments:

  1. Ireally love all of your thrifted treasures. The red pyrex is my favorite. Never seen anything like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your thrifted goodness - especially that pyrex dish!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have the most amazing finds!!! lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! I have just discovered your blog and now I am very homesick! I am an Aussie gal who has lived in Christchurch for 2 years and the last 3 years I have been living in Wanaka with my hubby and kids. We have recently moved back to Adelaide very reluctantly due to the lack of work. I love Ranfurly. The region is fantastic in the spring with all of it's beautiful orchards. I look forward to following along with your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I'll have to say I take 'fanatastic talker' as a compliment! I guess the fact I am a reader might have had an editing effect on your description!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the pyrex is lovely - we use it all the time. But my favourite is the blue doily - it will be gorgeous on a red spotted cushion. Looking forward to seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohhh, love your thrifted treasures... far better than new stuff. Been dreaming of a roadtrip myself, so might have to head to Motueka and Nelson again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what a lovely lot of finds you have! I love that enamel one and the embroidered goods - delish!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!