Thursday, November 11, 2010

A cushion with a message...

 It's cushion week in blogland.
I made 6 cushions.
But then yesterday morning I made this cushion using
a thrifted doilley and some Paula Prass fabric.
 After I read this post by Paula, I went straight to my stash and pulled this red
and made this cushion.
Just to remind me to keep on praying for my kids
there's no guarantees in raising kids,
you can do all the right things
and the kids make their own choices.

Thank you Paula for your honesty and bravery.
I just couldn't stop thinking of her and her family
(Send her some love people)
and I'm grateful for the reminder to pray pray pray for my teenagers.

5 comments:

  1. Deb, a friend of mine lost her son just over two years ago, to drugs. It is a scary journey, being a parent! All we can do is the best we know how and hope like crazy that they pick up on the good things we are trying to teach them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb, I just love that colour combo - really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Deb,
    I followed your link to PAula's blog, what avery brave lady sharing her loss.
    Fabulous cushion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pillow. Paula's story breaks my heart. We have been praying for her family. We are so blessed that God brought my brother through his addiction . . . Paula's son's story could easily have been his.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!