Wednesday, November 24, 2010

What would I know?

I have a candle burning on our table today
but really we don't need any reminders because in New Zealnd,
all our hearts ache so much
for the whanau and friends of the Pike River Miners.
It's impossible to imagine how they will feel.
So many days in my house we leave the house in a whirlwind
and fond farewells are not made. 
I can't imagine how I would feel if someone didn't come home.
One of the men was 17 on his first day at work.
I have a 17 year old on study leave.
I try and put myself in his mother's shoes.
I can't.

Please go and hug your loved ones today.
Really hold them in your arms.
Listen to their breathing.
Feel the warmth of their bodies.

Go and drive to where they are and hold them for a moment
and tell them how much you love them.

Really. Just do it.
Tears are not enough.

1 comment:

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love to hear from you and I want you to know that I really appreciate each comment!!